Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: toc generation solved.

At 16:05 24/09/2001 -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:
>/ Dave Pawson <daveP@dpawson.freeserve.co.uk> was heard to say:
>| Thanks Bob.
>|    Surprised the params aren't in param.xsl, I think,
>|      but then again chunking is a bit 'different'.
>
>I suppose I could create chunk-params.xsl, but I'm not strongly
>motivated to do so. The parameters that only apply to chunking would
>be confusing in param.xsl, I think.

Agreed. Request a comment in param.xsl to point out chunking
params location please.

>| One more if I may.
>|     Defining titlepages, e.g. for 'holder' I want a <p> element.
>|
>At the end of the day, most of the actual templates that do work are
>defined in titlepage.xsl. In addition, if you want to override those
>templates, they're all called in 'titlepage.mode'.

That's what I was missing. Perhaps a comment in the template xml
to check for modes?

>So, if you put your holder template in titlepage.mode, it'll probably
>fire. But unless you also override copyright and do something about
>the <p> that it outputs, you won't get valid HTML.

I worked round it using a legalnotice.
   I wanted to add the w3c copyright stuff, hence I was looking in copyright.

Not magic.... but close Norm (I'll settle for a good design?)

Regards DaveP