Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Multi-language documentation

Yann Dirson-san wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 02:01:34AM +0930, Richard Sharpe wrote:
>
> > Any suggestions on how to do it [manage two languages in a document]?
>
> This is something I have thought about but never looked whether
> something exists to do it.

You might want to look at SmartDoc:

  http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~dp8t-asm/java/tools/SmartDoc/

You can create blocks with different lang="..." attributes so that the
original source may be bilingual, with monolingual output.  When I first
started with DocBook, I thought that I could do that, but soon found that it
isn't set up to filter out only the lang="..." attributes of a specified
language.

It is extensible, so a SmartDoc --> DocBook filter shouldn't be unheard of.

--
Michael Westbay
Work: Beacon-IT http://www.beacon-it.co.jp/