Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Customization layer for address tag

I am trying to write a customization layer using the XSL stylesheets for
DocBook XML 4.1.2.  It is importing Norm's stylesheets as a basis.  I am
trying to alter how the address tag is displayed for HTML.  Currently it is
outputing:	<div class="address">Free Software Foundation,Inc. <br>
		  	59 Temple Place - Suite 330<br>
		  	Boston MA 02111-1307<br>
		  	USA<br>

I want to have the output look like:
			- Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA</div>

I have looked through the stylesheets and can only find that descendents of
author use the template make-verbatim:

<xsl:template match="address//text()">
  <xsl:call-template name="make-verbatim">
    <xsl:with-param name="text" select="."/>
  </xsl:call-template>
</xsl:template>

This leads to the make-verbatim template which is almost a complete mystery.
I start losing it at the definition of the variable starts-with-nl.  What is
the string '&#xA;' supposed to be?

Below is the start of the customization of address.

<xsl:template match="legalnotice/address//text()">
  <xsl:call-template name="make-verbatim-inline">
    <xsl:with-param name="text" select="."/>
  </xsl:call-template>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="make-verbatim-inline">

At this point I'm at a loss of where to continue.  Basically I only want
to alter a portion of the template "make-verbatim" so instead of inserting

Any replies are welcome.  I hope this makes some sense of my goals for the
customization of address.

Eric Baudais