[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Error: Output character not available
Yes, that may be true. Changing my XSL and source XML to iso-8859-1 encoding resolved all issues except for one. My source was using the character entity → which evidently doesn't exist in iso-8859-1 and caused the writing of the toc.hhc to exit with an error. Once I replaced them with '->' all was well. Less elegant perhaps, but it works... (Don't ask why the author put arrows in the titles, I didn't write it ;-) Thanks people for the help. Now that I'm generating the HTML Help, I can start to customize it for our application. I need to add support for our extensions to the DocBook DTD as well as put in the stuff needed to have our application open the chm file at the relevant topic. I've done this before in Omnimark, so I just have to figure out how to do all this in XSLT... Suggestions and ideas are welcome. I'm writing a driver file for Norm's stylesheets with a lot of help from Michael Kay's book. Gershon On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Jirka Kosek wrote: > Gershon L Joseph wrote: > > > Please ignore my previous plea for further assistance. I saved my source > > XML as iso-8859-1 encoding and put the 3 parameter settings in my driver > > file instead of on the command line. One or all of these fixed the > > problem. > > > > Thanks Jirka for pointing me in the right direction. I did read that in > > the docs, but did not realize it applies to English and UTF-8 under all > > circumstances. > > Your input document can by in any encoding (including UTF-8) supported > by your XSLT processor. Only problem with HTML Help format is, that all > characters used in your file must be directly representable in some of > windows-125x encoding.
Powered by eList eXpress LLC