Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Automatically added subject prefix

Ed Nixon <ed.nixon@LynnParkPlace.org> writes:

> Sorry, Bob. I should have duplicated the subject information in the
> body of the note.

Yes, Subject field is pretty useless in this list because there's
always the annoying 'DOCBOOK-APPS:' prefix, at least for me. It's
really hard to read subject lines after reading 100 messages
containing 'DOCBOOK-APPS:' in subject.

Does the prefix really have to be there? And if yes, may I ask why? [1]
Can I disable this feature somehow?

Or can I use my Gnus to send 'DOCBOOK-APPS' string from Subject to
/dev/null? Any Gnus gurus around?

Please, don't kick me out of this list because of this rant :)

[1] I'm pretty sure that someone will answer that it's for
filtering. But there are other headers, which can be used for
filtering. I use List-Id.

--
Kalle Valo