Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: Docbook faq

>> I've opened  a new section on html help file creation for docbook
>> http://www.dpawson.co.uk/docbook/styling/htmlhelp.html
>>
>> Since it's not a format I use, I'd appreciate any assistance
>> in populating it further by those who do use that format.

Here is the bare-bones process to create a CHM file for 1.45. I'll try to
follow this up with other essentials, like how to do context-sensitive help,
manage a TOC, and graphics.

> What is the basic procedure for creating HTML Help using htmlhelp.xsl?

1. Create an xml project document containing a book element as the root.
2. In your xml project, create a chapter element for each topic.
3. In each topic's chapter element, specify the name of the HTML file to be
generated, by inserting a processing instruction in the following form:

	   <?dbhtml filename="file.html"?>

4. Process the project xml file against htmlhelp.xsl, using your favorite
XSLT processor.
5. Open the resulting .hhp file in the HTML Help Workshop.
6. In the HTML Help Workshop, you can edit the TOC, index, and project
options.
7. Compile the project in HTML Help Workshop to create the help or Web
project.