Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Generating Indexes

It seems to me that a number of people have asked questions
about this but I can't seem to find my problem in here anywhere.

I have a SGML file and I do the following after marking up some

jade -t sgml -d location_of_my_docbook.dsl -V html-index
document.sgml

Then collateindex.pl -o index.sgml HTML.index.

I then add an external entity <!ENTITY index SYSTEM
"index.sgml">

I then put &index; at the end of my document just before the
closing </article>.  I then want to convert the thing to pdf.
Well, I get my index and it looks great but it screws up my
"Notes" section (which are my footnotes).  The notes normaly
print correctly.  What I get is:

(Index looks great here)

1. index.html
2. index.html

Notes
(Notes look great here)

1.index.html
2.index.html

Anyone else have this problem.  My dtd is 4.1 and my dsssl is
the latest.  What else am I missing?

Also, why isn't it easier to generate indexes?  I can only do
this on SGML files and not on XML using jade.

Any suggestion as to how to do this easier?  Thanks.

b--
--
Brian K. Pribis
Senior Web Developer