Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: website dtd newbie

[...]

NW> | It's not a catalog problem, it's an <xsl:import> element in the
NW> | stylesheets:
NW> |
NW> | xsl/website-common.xsl:<xsl:import
NW> href="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/snapshot/html/docbook.xsl"/>
NW> |
NW> | Maybe you can add docbook.xsl to your catalog, but you can
NW> certainly | change the href to a relative URL to point to the file
NW> on your file | system.

NW> Right, add

NW>   <uri name="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/snapshot/html/docbook.xsl" uri="file:///path/to/where/you/put/things"/>

NW> to your catalog and you should be all set.

Should this be expected to work for SGML catalogs?  I tried the
following mapping of system id to system id (analogous to the XML
version) in my SGML catalog:

SYSTEM "http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/snapshot/html/docbook.xsl" "file:///home/alex/packages/share/sgml/docbook-xsl-1.46-experimental"

Is this the correct syntax?

My customization layer looks like this:

                version='1.0'>

  <xsl:import
  href="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/snapshot/html/docbook.xsl"/>

[... ommitted ...]

</xsl:stylesheet>

But xsltproc doesn't resolve as you would expect it to:

SGML_CATALOG_FILES=catalog xsltproc --param section.autolabel 1 --param use.extensions 1 --catalogs --nonet  -o mydoc.html html.xsl mydoc.xml
Attempt to load network entity
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/snapshot/html/docbook.xsl
compilation error: file html.xsl line 8 element import
xsl:import : unable to load http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/snapshot/html/docbook.xsl

Would this catalog be expected to resolve this correctly?  Is it
correct?  i.e. is this a problem with the way I'm using docbook with
SGML catalogs, or is it simply a bug in xsltproc?

Incidentally, `xmlcatalog' from the command line appears to resolve this
correctly.

[alex@delpy doc]$ xmlcatalog --shell catalog
>  system "http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/snapshot/html/docbook.xsl"
file:///home/alex/packages/share/sgml/docbook-xsl-1.46-experimental

I will ultimately move to XML catalogs, but for now my entire
toolchain relies on SGML-style catalogs (for example, PSGML does not
yet grok XML catalogs).