Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: [szucker@mac.com: Re: docbook.dcl related errorswith openjade]

On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 07:35:07AM +0100, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
> Sasha Zucker <szucker@mac.com> writes:
> > CATALOG "/sw/share/sgml/dtd/docbook/catalog"
> > CATALOG "/sw/share/sgml/entities/iso8879/catalog"
> > CATALOG "/sw/share/sgml/openjade-1.3/dsssl/catalog"
> > CATALOG "/sw/share/xml/dtd/docbookx/catalog"
> As long as your software doesn't support DELEGATE you must not mix
> catalogs; esp. don't mix non-XML and XML catalogs.  Without supplying a
> proper SGMLDECL for every flavor you are not able to verify your
> documents properly -- maybe, verfication isn't important to you, though.

Well... I just know enough about SGML catalogs to get openjade working. I need to do some more reading to figure out what all the directives mean.
I'll keep the XML and SGML catalogs separate, though. The nagging voice in my head told me that was a bad idea...

> > On the bright side, the package finally installs correctly. All I have
> > to do post install is comment out the DTDDECL directives.
> Since these are just warnings you can leave them in (and better patch
> (o)nsgmls instead).

I can't patch (o)nsgmls... is there any harm in commenting out the DTDDECL directives?

thanks for your help,