Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Problems with olink

Bob,

Attached to this email you will find the generated
.olink file.

Again, thanks for your help.

Gius_.

On Thu, 2001-12-06 at 19:01, Bob Stayton wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 06:06:30PM +0100, Giuseppe Greco wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > Despite I use the olink module as described by Norm,
> > I always get the errors described in the attached
> > log file.
> >
> > In the log file, you can see the command line
> > arguments, and the output.
> >
> > jade:/devel/regie/doc/tech/en/glossary/tech_r03e_glossary.olink:2:0:E: no document type declaration; will parse without validation
> > jade:/devel/regie/doc/tech/en/glossary/tech_r03e_glossary.olink:17:10:E: end tag for "A" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified
>
> These errors indicate something wrong with the generated
> olink file.  It should have a DOCTYPE declaration and <div>
> elements in it, not <A> elements.  Can you post a few lines
> from the olink file?
>
> bobs
> Bob Stayton                                 400 Encinal Street
> Publications Architect                      Santa Cruz, CA  95060
> Technical Publications                      voice: (831) 427-7796
> Caldera International, Inc.                 fax:   (831) 429-1887
>                                             email: bobs@caldera.com

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<fot>
<sequence writing-mode="left-to-right">
<sequence>
<a name="R03E-GLOSSARY"/>
<text>The Regie Project</text>
<sequence>
<a name="2"/>
<text>Glossary</text>
<sequence>
<a name="3"/>
<a name="4"/>
<text>      </text>
<sequence>
<a name="5"/>
<text>Giuseppe Greco</text>
</sequence>
<text>
</text>
<text>    </text>
</sequence>
<sequence>
<a name="11"/>
<text>    This glossary defines terms in alphabetic order.
</text>
<text>  </text>
</sequence>
<sequence>
<a name="12"/>
<text>B</text>
</sequence>
<a name="BROADSPHERE"/>
<a name="15"/>
<text>BroadSphere</text>
<sequence>
<a name="16"/>
<a name="17"/>
<text>          Platform developed by Fantastic that transmits contents to the
</text>
<text>          designed recipients, on schedule, making the most efficient use of
</text>
<text>          the available bandwidth.
</text>
<text>        </text>
</sequence>
<sequence>
<a name="18"/>
<text>M</text>
</sequence>
<a name="MEDIASURFER"/>
<a name="21"/>
<text>MediaSurfer</text>
<sequence>
<a name="22"/>
<a name="23"/>
<text>          Describe the term here.
</text>
<text>        </text>
</sequence>
<sequence>
<a name="24"/>
<text>S</text>
</sequence>
<a name="SGML"/>
<a name="27"/>
<text>Standard Generalized Markup Languate</text>
<sequence>
<a name="28"/>
<text> (</text>
<text>SGML</text>
<text>)</text>
</sequence>
<sequence>
<a name="29"/>
<a name="30"/>
<text>          System for organizing and tagging elements of a document. SGML was
</text>
<text>          developed and standardized by the International Organization for
</text>
<text>          Standards (ISO) in 1986. SGML itself does not specify any particular
</text>
<text>          formatting; rather, it specifies the rules for tagging elements.
</text>
<text>          These tags can then be interpreted to format elements in different
</text>
<text>          ways.
</text>
<text>        </text>
</sequence>
<sequence>
<a name="31"/>
<text>See Also: </text>
<sequence>
<text>Extensible Markup Language</text>
</sequence>
<text>.</text>
</sequence>
<a name="SOAP"/>
<a name="33"/>
<text>Simple Object Access Protocl</text>
<sequence>
<a name="34"/>
<text> (</text>
<text>SOAP</text>
<text>)</text>
</sequence>
<sequence>
<a name="35"/>
<a name="36"/>
<text>          Lightweight protocol for exchange of information in a decentralized,
</text>
<text>          distributed environment. It is an XML based protocol that consists
</text>
<text>          of three parts: an envelop that defines a framework for describing
</text>
<text>          what is in a message and how to process it, a set of encoding rules
</text>
<text>          for expressing instances of application-defined datatypes, and a
</text>
<text>          convention for representing remote procedure calls and responses.
</text>
<text>        </text>
</sequence>
<sequence>
<a name="37"/>
<text>X</text>
</sequence>
<a name="XML"/>
<a name="40"/>
<text>Extensible Markup Language</text>
<sequence>
<a name="41"/>
<text> (</text>
<text>XML</text>
<text>)</text>
</sequence>
<sequence>
<a name="42"/>
<a name="43"/>
<text>          Specification developed by the W3C. XML is a pared-down version
</text>
<text>          of SGML, designed especially for Web documents. It allows
</text>
<text>          designers to create their own customized tags, enabling the
</text>
<text>          definition, transmission, validation, and interpretation of
</text>
<text>          data between applications and between organizations.
</text>
<text>        </text>
</sequence>
<sequence>
<a name="44"/>
<text>See Also: </text>
<sequence>
<text>Standard Generalized Markup Languate</text>
</sequence>
<text>.</text>
</sequence>
</sequence>
[...]