Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Print backend: problems with table layouts

>From: Giuseppe Greco <giuseppe.greco@fantastic.com>
>Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Print backend: problems with table layouts
>Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 15:29:53 +0100
>
>Unfortunately, with the print backend, I don't get the expected
>result shown before.

What stylesheet processor and stylesheet package/version are you using?

I know OpenJade 1.3 had some problems w/ tables (only horizontal indentation
of entry content, as far as I know, but perhaps there could be other
issues).  Anyhow, a patch exists to fix this and other problems.  All the
important details are included in this post:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200102/msg00209.html

If you *are* using OpenJade/JadeTeX, I think you can probably ignore the
JadeTeX part of the patches, if you're using the latest version.

<rant>
Unfortunately, the OpenJade maintainers seem to be completely neglecting it.
  I don't care about new features, but one might expect they'd at least do a
maintenance release including back-ported fixes, for problems subsequently
fixed, and patches, like the one I mentioned.

Yes, DSSSL is pretty much dead, but OpenJade is the world's best/most
complete processor (to my knowledge), and to neglect it so severely (i.e.
not doing maintenance releases with existing fixes), when  people
undoubtedly still depend on it, is irresponsible, IMO.
</rant>

Matt Gruenke