Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Encoding for French?

Greetings again... I've been in the process of moving out of documentation
into product management, and have therefore been silent on this list for
a while...

I do have one simple question that I just haven't been able to figure
out.  A translation company took our user guide and translated it into
French.  When I got it back and tried to run it through xsltproc, I get
errors like this:

  Generating HTML pages...../userguide6000.xml:12: error: Input is not proper
  UTF-8, indicate encoding !
  Permission est donnée de copier, diffuser et (ou) modifier le présent document
                     ^

What encoding should I use to allow French letters?

Thanks,
Dan

--
Dan York, Product Line Manager, SME Server and ServiceLink
Mitel Networks Corporation                 dan_york@mitel.com