Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: HTMLHelp, XSL Driver File,Book Request for XSL customizations

In my recent HTML Help project, I used the stylesheet only to generate the
first pass of the TOC. I renamed this file, and thereafter maintained the
TOC file manually (ignoring the regenerated one). If you have the HTML Help
Workshop, it's much simpler to edit the TOC there - adding indentation and
non-linking or customized icons, for instance - than to customize the style
sheet. It also frees you from the physical structure of your document in a
way that the book-oriented stylesheet does not.

Of course, if you require absolutely everything to be generated, then this
is not the solution for you, and I guess you'll need to customize the
stylesheet.

> What is the best way to override a template in a driver file and make it
so
> that I don't customize more than I need to?
> Can anyone make a XSL book recommendation (or on-line
> tutorial, etc...) that
> teaches how to customize a stylesheet using a driver file?

These two questions are related. One place to start is with the
documentation that ships with docbook.xsl. Try doc\ch01s04.html (Customizing
DocBook XSL stylesheets).

Good luck!
Denis