Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: texi converter

Does anyone know of a texinfo to docbook conversion utility? I
searched Google and found only plenty of discussion and others who
wanted one, but no gold!

So, assuming there just isn't one, I started one. Well, sort of. I
already have a converter that goes from a wiki-style text format to
DocBook, so I am taking advantage of that as an intermediary step. I'm
trying to abstract as much of the tag replacement as possible and will
use a data file to define them, so it's possible that it wouldn't take
too horribly much effort to add additional export formats, including
direct to DocBook and even HTML, although that's a solved problem
mostly.

I just wanted to let you know what I'm doing, and make sure I'm not
duplicating effort. I will post again when I have something ready to
test. It will probably be a week or so, maybe two or three depending
on how much time my other projects suck.

Later,

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   david@lupercalia.net

Windows is an utter kludge, the ultimate tar baby, sucking you in, making
things harder and harder, until you are hopelessly snagged and stuck,
exhausted from fighting with it, resigned to despair. It is an inscrutable,
god-awful mess, a disaster waiting to happen, a bonehead botch-job jammed
with you-can't-get-there-from-here idiocy. They could train soldiers to
kill by forcing them to struggle with this.
	--Paul Somerson, PC Computing