Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: generating a two column index

Jeff,
Looking into this I see a couple of things you'll need to add to
pagesetup.xsl to get it to work:

1) To call the template select.pagemaster with the new with-param,
you'll need to add an <xsl:param name="column.count"
select="$column.count"/> to the select.pagemaster template in
pagesetup.xsl.

2) In the template setup.pagemasters (also in pagesetup.xsl), all of the
column-count attributes in the fo:region-bodys in all the
fo:simple-page-masters are currently set with $column.count (with the
value it has in params.xsl). Not sure the elegant way to do this, but
you have to override setup.pagemasters so that the two column versions
of the page masters end up with column-count="2".

Did that make sense? If not, let me know and I'll send you my hack.
This would make a good RFE. You often do see single columned books with
two column indexes. It would be nice to set the index column count with
a separate parameter.

David