Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: Help project structure

First, a previous topic prompted me to abandon using <sect1> <sect2> for my
topics and I am now using nested <section>.  This should give you the depth
you are looking for.  I have this working, but I don't need the depth you
mention so I haven't taken it that far.

I would love to see a parameter that allows you to exclude the generation of
book and chapter files.  I've tried to eliminate the chunking of chapters
and books by using the following code in the chunker.xsl file, but the best
I end up with is my sections at a depth of two get generated, and then the
transformation fails because saxon can't make the chapter file.

<xsl:when test="local-name(.)='chapter'">
  <xsl:message terminate="no">
  <xsl:text>Skipping Writing of Chapter File</xsl:text>
 </xsl:message>
 </xsl:when>

While I couldn't prevent the book and chapter files from generating, I can
exclude them from my table of contents and I have customized the book and
chapter templates in my driver file to make chapter titles not link.    I
suppose I will need to also exclude them from my .hhp file if I cannot
eliminate their existence entirely.  I do this with the following code:
   <xsl:template match="book" mode="hhc">
  <xsl:variable name="title">
    <xsl:if test="$htmlhelp.autolabel=1">
      <xsl:variable name="label.markup">
        <xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="label.markup"/>
      </xsl:variable>
      <xsl:if test="normalize-space($label.markup)">
        <xsl:value-of
select="concat($label.markup,$autotoc.label.separator)"/>
      </xsl:if>
    </xsl:if>
    <xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="title.markup"/>
  </xsl:variable>

  <xsl:if
test="part|reference|preface|chapter|appendix|bibliography|article|colophon"

      <xsl:apply-templates
select="part|reference|preface|chapter|bibliography|appendix|article|colopho
n"
			   mode="hhc"/>
    <xsl:text>&lt;/UL&gt;</xsl:text>
  </xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="chapter"
              mode="hhc">
  <xsl:variable name="title">
    <xsl:if test="$htmlhelp.autolabel=1">
      <xsl:variable name="label.markup">
        <xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="label.markup"/>
      </xsl:variable>
      <xsl:if test="normalize-space($label.markup)">
        <xsl:value-of
select="concat($label.markup,$autotoc.label.separator)"/>
      </xsl:if>
    </xsl:if>
    <xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="title.markup"/>
  </xsl:variable>

  <xsl:text>&lt;LI&gt; &lt;OBJECT type="text/sitemap"&gt;
    &lt;param name="Name" value="</xsl:text>
	<xsl:value-of select="normalize-space($title)"/>
    <xsl:text>"&gt; &lt;/OBJECT&gt;</xsl:text>
    <xsl:text>&lt;UL&gt;</xsl:text>
  <xsl:if
test="reference|preface|chapter|appendix|refentry|section|sect1|bibliodiv">
      <xsl:apply-templates

select="reference|preface|chapter|appendix|refentry|section|sect1|bibliodiv"
	mode="hhc"/>
  </xsl:if>
      <xsl:text>&lt;/UL&gt;</xsl:text>
</xsl:template>

I also have files for which I want in the help file, but I don't want in my
table of contents.  Still working on that too.

Maggie