Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: RE: DOCBOOK: Problems creating pdf file of tdg

Simon,

It is no wonder, that you can't compile the TDG, and don't expect to be
able to untill Norm releases it officially. I would guess, that you have
to do some magic, before you can translate the stuff.

I realized this, when I tried to check out the XSL-Stylesheets from the
CVS. Norm specifcly warns the user, that some extra stuf (cvs tools) are
required  before the CVS version of the XSL stylesheets are usable.

So you will either wait until the final release, or tune the stuff
TDG sources yourself.

There are some support for the EBFN extension in the XSL 1.48 collection.

You should also look at Norm HTML stylesheet for the TDG. You might
identify misc hacks there.

Regarding Bob's comment on the saxon extensions, besides including the
right extension (depending on the version of saxon, you are using),
remember to eable the misc extensions.

Best approach is the create you own cusomized xsl file, which import
fo/docbook.xsl, and the set the fo parameters according to the reference
documentation.

Regards

Jens