Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: section subtitles in DSSSL print stylesheets

/ Jens Emmerich <Jens.Emmerich@encorus-le.com> was heard to say:
| I just noticed the following: Subtitles are allowed as child of section and
| as child of sectioninfo. The DSSSL stylesheets only consider the 2nd case.
| Is this a feature? E.g., is subtitle expected to become deprecated as child
| of section?

No, that's a bug.

| On the other hand there is $section-info$ only dealing with sect1..refsect3,
| no section. Default is empty-sosofo. So there is no way to get section-info
| on section other than defining a new $section-info$ right now? All the
| others ($sect1-info$ etc.) produce empty-sosofo as well, but can at least be
| defined. Of course, there's an obvious name clash with the missing
| "$section-info$". What can be done?

I renamed section-info to proc-section-info and made section-info the handler
for sectioninfo. That's what I'd already done in the HTML dbsect.dsl.

| Are there any plans to integrate this db31 stuff properly?
| Shall I provide a patch to support subtitle without *info-wrapper?
| Do the stylesheets aim at implementing the "Formatting expectations" in TDG?
| I guess one needs also (element (section subtitle) (empty-sosofo)) then,
| correct?

Sure, send along a patch, that'd be great. And yes, the stylesheets do try to
implement the formating expectations.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--