Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: "XXXX is not a function name" errors - again

>From: Nick Hunt <magmouse@ntlworld.com>
>To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
>Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: "XXXX is not a function name" errors - again
>Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 22:38:57 +0000
>
>Hi All,
>
>I hesitate to bring this issue up again on the list, but...

I recently ran into this, too, and was surprised at the difficulty of mining
the answer out of the list archives.

Hopefully, this will give you enough information (your problem is with the
character entity definitions, actually):

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200201/msg00287.html

BTW, another thing to keep in mind is that the ORDER in which you specify
catalog files (i.e. in SGML_CATALOG_FILES) DOES MATTER!!  I have them listed
in this order:
	* docbook.cat (from the XML docbook DTD)
	* catalog, from the DSSSL distribution
	* catalog, from the OpenJade distribution, in the dsssl dir
	* my own catalog that maps the PUBLIC and SYSTEM
	 identifiers for the XML DocBook DTD to the location
	 where I installed it

Good luck!

Matt Gruenke