Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: tools jungle

/ Radoslaw Szymanek <Radoslaw.Szymanek@cs.lth.se> was heard to say:
| What do I need (must be free available) if I want to write articles in
| DocBook and then create pdf files.
|
| I have already tried these set of tools:
| openjade, dsssl 1.76
| fop, xerces, xalan, xsl 1.49

Since you want MathML support, I suggest that you give PassiveTeX a try.
I believe it has builtin support for MathML. Specifically, pick one of these:

  Saxon
  Xalan
  xsltproc

and use

  XSL 1.49

to produce FO files and PassiveTeX to produce PDF.

| Which set of tools has a chance of getting MathMl support faster?

PassiveTeX.

| Which stylesheet language is more user friendly :)

That's a matter of some debate, I expect. But XSLT is a better long-term bet.

| or IEEE article format
| is available for it?

I'd be surprised (but delighted) if IEEE had a stylesheet for either format.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | All the good maxims already exist