Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: DocBook-xsl-1.49 and XALAN

I have seen the same behavior.  The error I get differs depending on the
exact setup, but the primary one is:

(Location of error unknown)XSLT Error
(javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException):
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:

I tried it against several configurations, and couldn't get chunking to work
with any Xalan version I tried (single-file stuff, HTML and FO, etc. work
fine -- it's just the chunked HTML, HTMLHELP, and that stuff).  Norman
indicated that someone mentioned the ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException was
fixed in the newer versions of Xalan, but I tried 2.3.1 with the same
results.

I just switched to Saxon and that averted the error, but I agree it would be
nice to be able to use the processor bundled with JDK 1.4.

-----Original Message-----
From: Guijt, Bart (fin) [mailto:Bart.Guijt@ordina.nl]
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 1:13 AM
To: 'docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org'

Same here. In my code I have a complete pipeline of Castor-XML output ->
xslt -> docbook -> xslt -> fo -> jfor -> .rtf doc. Using Xalan I get those
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsExceptions as well, using both early releases (2.2D11)
and the latest release (2.3.1) of Xalan. Since I started using SAXON those
Exceptions didn't come up again.

> I am using the latest version of XALAN with JDK1.4,  I have the docbooks
> xalan2.jar in my
> class path.  I also tried an earlier version of the stylesheets and I
> tried SAXON.  All
> with my no success.
>
> I noticed I am not the only person experiencing this problem.  Someone
> else posted on this
> list with the same problem.
>
> Can people tell me about their working configurations?  What JDKversion,
> classpath and
> jars are you using?  What version of DocBook stylesheets?  What params do
> you pass into
> the org.apache.xalan.Process class?  I had been hoping I was going to use
> the XSLT in the
> JDK1.4 bundle.

I use JDK1.3.1, Windows2000, Saxon 6.5.1, JFor 0.5.5 (CVS), Castor 0.9.3.9
as XML source and Xerces-1.4.4 as the parser.
Like I said, I use some sort of pipeline to connect all XML processes to
each other with SAX ContentHandlers. This gives the best performance, but
this is very hard to trace bugs like this. Now I know it has something to do
with the DocBook stylesheets...

> Any help is greatly appreciated.

So what are those stylesheets doing if it confuses Xalan so much?

Ciao,

Bart Guijt