Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: How to translate HTML to DocBook

At 05:00 PM 12/03/2002 -0600, Patrick Hartling wrote:

>I have had some success with html2db
>(http://freshmeat.net/projects/html2db/), though it is not perfect.  The
>main problem I had is that HTML is not as expressive as DocBook, so the
>translation can only go so far.  It also helps if the source is "good"

I've used DocParse myself, it's not bad, and very good value. As for having
"good" HTML, Dreamweaver has a very nice command for stripping out junk,
esp. from former MSWord files.

Cheers

Andrew Westcombe
Documentation Manager
Gaming and Entertainment Technology (GET)
ph  02-9419-2000               email: asw@getsystems.com

It looks like we've got a date with destiny, and she's ordered the lobster.
--Mystery Men