Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Beginners Q. Centering chapter titles

Andy,

Welcome to the scary world of title-page templates, which according to
Norm is the right way to do it. My first impression was that it was to
wierd, but it is a tremendious efficient tool, that is yoing to save you a
lot of time and increase your control over formatting issues.

Beside the params, the first place to change formatting is to look at the
titlepage templates. In your case create you own titlepage template and
include that in you stylesheet.

Steps

   Create your own copy of fo/titlepage.template.xml

   Modify the stuff you need to change and delete the rest (in your case
   modify the template

      <t:titlepage element="chapter" wrapper="fo:block">

         fo:text-align="center"

      </t:titlepage>

Apply the template/titlepage.xsl to your_titlepage-template.xml result is
your_titlepage-template.xsl, which you should import in your stylesheet.

Regards

Jens