Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Help please: new user questions

>I have installed a Win32 OpenJade from SourceForge and still get
>errors, but different ones this time!

Could you provide the command line you invoked it with?
How about the test file?

>openjade:test.sgml:1:57:W: cannot generate system identifier for
>public text "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V4.1//EN"
>openjade:test.sgml:1:57:E: reference to entity "ARTICLE" for which no
>system identifier could be generated
>openjade:test.sgml:1:0: entity was defined here
>openjade:test.sgml:1:57:E: DTD did not contain element declaration for
>document type name
>openjade:test.sgml:3:8:E: element "ARTICLE" undefined

It looks like it can't find the docbook DTDs.  Do you have a catalog
installed, so that it can map the public identifier:
	    "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V4.1//EN"
to a system identifier, i.e. the path that you've installed the DocBook DTD?

In an earlier posting, you wrote:

>Where should I put my DocBook distribution files, such as the DTD and
>such, in the dsssl directory of openjade?
Wherever you want.  I'd be inclined to not put them in the dsssl directory,
just because the dsssl style sheets and the DTD are two separate
components, and it will be easier to update each of them if they're
siblings or cousins, rather than parent/child.

>And should I update the catalog file to enter
>    PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DocBook v4.0//EN" "docbook.dtd"
>or whatever? If so, how?
If you are using the docbook.cat file which shipped with DocBook, you
shouldn't have to edit anything.  (I a customized catalog file, but
use the CATALOG directive to include the catalog that's shipped with
DocBook.)

					m@