Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Which Saxon Version?

Mark Johnson wrote:

> I need to update the Debian saxon package, and am wondering if version 7.0 is
> the best bet.

No. Saxon 7 is experimental implementation of XSLT 2.0.

> Does anyone have experience with Saxon 7, as compared to, say, Saxon 6.5x?

It is little bit faster on some operations, but I think it doesn't
support EXSLT extensions which are used for some fancy things in DocBook
XSL stylesheets.

I would stay with Saxon 6.5.1. Even its author recommends it. Citation
from http://saxon.sf.net:

Saxon 6.5.1
The currently recommended version of the full Saxon product.

				Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz