Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: problems with jclarks "Driver" and docbook-xsl-1.50.0

On Thursday, 28. March 2002 03:40, Dave Pawson wrote:
 At 13:19 27/03/2002 +0100, Michael H.E. Roth wrote:

> I'm curious how you came to be using XT rather than a more up to date
> processor? What web (or other reference) took you to XT
> rather than say, Saxon or Xalan?
>
> Regards DaveP

Well, I downloaded the html-version from docbook.org and there they call xp
the most popular sgml-parser in chapter 3 and in chapter 4 the examples are
with XT and FOP. (the others are just mentioned)
I also tried xsltproc but I couldn't get it to take any parameters - just by
coincidence I came across an article last night where it was mentioned that I
have to enclose the parameter value in double qoutes (but I haven't tried
yet).

Now, Saxon parses OK, but FOP (0.20.3) seems to have a problem with tables
that go across more than one page:
it worked like a charme (about 5 minutes on my Pent 200) with paper.type=A1
(which is huge) but with paper.type=A5 (about 1/2 size of letter) it now
already renders for more than 900 minutes on one page (I'm afraid it went
into an eternal loop :-( ) without any warning or error message... Yes, I set
the parameter fop.extensions=1 when parsing with saxon.

Any ideas, or should I try another renderer here=? (passivetex (pdfxmltex
...) stops always with:
! Missing \endcsname inserted.
<to be read again>
		\Odd:
l.1 ...="en"><fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
					<fo:block><fo:block font-f...
? _

(saxon had the parameter passivetex.extensions=1))

--
Michael H.E. Roth
www.footballdrills.com