Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: How to remove surplus spaces.

Add something like:

<xsl:strip-space elements="quote footnote"/>

to the stylesheet.  Similarly, if you want to strip space as a default with
specified exceptions you could say something like:

<xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>
<xsl:preserve-space elements="para"/>

These are top-level elements (children of xsl:stylesheet) -- I'm not yet
that familiar with the layout of the stylesheets, so I'm not sure where it
would be most appropriate to add this.  Anyone have a suggestion?

-----Original Message-----
From: Josef Karthauser [mailto:joe@tao.org.uk]
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 8:20 PM
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: How to remove surplus spaces.

Is there an easy way to remove surplus spaces in things like:

    <quote> something </quote>?

I'd like to have the stylesheet automatically remove the leading and
trailing white space.

Also in cases like:

   some text <footnote> .... </footnote>

I'd like to have all the white space before the opening <footnote>
gobbled up.

I'm using openjade and the DSSSL stylesheets.

Joe