Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Using XREF to REFNAMEDIV

Hi Trevor,

most elements don't support XREFs, mostly it just doesn't make much
sense, there's nothing to display as xref-text.

You can always write:

<xref linkend="asamplexref">

They refer to things like the following:

      <refnamediv id="asamplexref" xreflabel="sample">
	<refname>sample</refname>
	<refpurpose>Create new sample</refpurpose>
      </refnamediv>

or even:

<xref linkend="asamplexref" endterm="asamplexrefterm">

They refer to things like the following:

      <refnamediv id="asamplexref">
	<refname id="asamplexrefterm">sample</refname>
	<refpurpose>Create new sample</refpurpose>
      </refnamediv>

If you always want to refer to the refname, you need to customize the
stylesheets. Unfortunely, there's no modularization regarding xref's
(Is on my whish/to do list). See the patch submitted to SourceForge to
support xrefs to varlistentires automatically for a code example for
what you need to put into a customization layer.

Hope this helps,

Jens