Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: Customization layer question for DocBook XML

Thanks, David. That fixed it.

Dennis Grace

Information Developer
IBM Linux Technology Center
(512) 838-3937  T/L 678-3937  cell: (512)-296-7830
dgrace@us.ibm.com

This sentence no verb.

|         |           David Cramer     |
|         |           <dcramer@broadjum|
|         |           p.com>           |
|         |           04/08/02 12:22 PM|
  |                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       Dennis Grace/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org                             |
  |       cc:                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: Customization layer question for DocBook XML                               |
  |                                                                                                              |
  |                                                                                                              |

What you want to do is turn off refentry.element before importing
docbook, then  you can safely redefine it afterwards. Something like
this:

>  <!ENTITY % refentry.element "IGNORE">
>
>  <!--load DocBook-->
>  <!ENTITY % DocBookDTD PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2CR1//EN"
>
>  "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2CR1/docbookx.dtd";>
>  %DocBookDTD;
>

>  <!ELEMENT refentry %ho; (beginpage?,
>                      (%ndxterm.class;)*,
>                      refentryinfo?, refmeta?,
> (remark|%link.char.class;)*,
>                      refnamediv, (refsynopsisdiv?,
> (refsect1+|refsection+))
>  +)
>             %ubiq.inclusion;>

Note that I also removed the  <![%refentry.element;[ and <!--end of
refentry.element-->]]> that wrapped your redeclaration (you do not want
this turned off.

Hope that helps,
David