Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: locating stylesheets with a param

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 10:21:03AM -0700, Eric Richardson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm hope someone has dealt with this before. I would like to have the
> flexibility to *not* have driver files in the file system near the
> docbook-xsl but also I don't want to hard code the import of the
> stylesheets. Currently I have the following directories.
>
> docbook-xsl
> drivers
>
> In the driver file I have the following which I call from my make system
> with the xslt processor.
> <xsl:import href="../docbook-xsl/xhtml/docbook.xsl"/>
> This works fine but if I have a special document, I would like to keep
> the special driver with the doc rather than just using the generic
> driver in the drivers directory.
>
> With a previous post about params, I can get a param into the stylesheet
> but import seems to have to be first in the stylesheet so I use a param
> with import. xsl:include allows the param first but I can't get the
> param into the href.
>
> <xsl:param name="jdbk.home"/>
> <xsl:include href="/$jdbk.home/docbook-xsl/xhtml/docbook.xsl"/>
>
> Is something like the above possible?
> You can't put an element like <xsl:value-of select="$jdbk.home"/> in the
> attribute value so I'm not sure this is possible. Even if this is
> possible will include work okay as I'm not sure exactly how template
> overriding occurs and how it is different based on include versus import.

No, it isn't possible to use params in xsl:include or
xsl:import href attributes.  The solution is to
use XML catalog files to remap the URI to different
actual file paths.  You can create different catalog files
for different purposes, and your command line can select the
appropriate catalog file.

There is help for setting up catalog files in Dave Pawson's FAQ:

http://www.dpawson.co.uk/docbook/catalogs.html

but I think that FAQ is off the air at the moment?
Has it been moved, or will it be coming back?

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com