Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: RTF?

Kraa de Simon <Simon.de.Kraa@services.fujitsu.com> writes:

> I can successfully convert docbook xml files to html, html help and fo using
> saxon. And fo to pdf using fop/xep.
>
> Now some collegues would like rtf as well so they can use Word to view the
> docs.
>
> What do I need to convert docbook xml files to rtf?
>
> I'm on Windows 2000.
>
> I searched the archives on 'rtf' but I got 0 hits.

A very unfortunate "feature" of the OASIS list archive is that its
indexes don't contain any words that are less than four characters.

I think that four-character limitation is the default for the indexing
tool they use, htdig.

Next time, try searching the Redhat archive for the list:

  http://sources.redhat.com/ml/docbook-apps/

That uses htdig also, but the admin for that has taken time to change
the default to something smaller than four characters. So if you do
search for "rtf" there, you should get some results.

BTW, I realize the Sourceforge site currently links to the OASIS
archive, not the Redhat one. I will be changing that very soon. (If
I'd known about the four-character limitation at OASIS, I would have
linked to the Redhat archive to begin with.)

HTH,

  --Mike

--
Michael Smith, Tokyo, Japan    http://sideshowbarker.net