Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: DOCBOOK: Manpages in Linux

Robert Whiteside replies to Karif:

On Thursday 25 April 2002 09:18 pm, you wrote:

> Problems:
>
> The docbook2man utility does not handle XML properly.

Actually, the version I'm running claims not to support XML at all.
However,
I find that "docbook2pdf", for example, works fine with my XML docbooks. It

emits a complaint about my <!DOCBOOK header, but then proceeds to generate
fine pdf file.   YMMV, of course.
<<<<<

Trying to build man pages with docbook2man was (pace Steve Cheng) something
of a nightmare for us. It's incomplete. If you want to build man pages from
XML, I recommend processing with XSLTPROC via Martin van Beers' db2man.xsl
(available from Sourceforge). Works like a champ.

Dennis Grace

Information Developer
IBM Linux Technology Center
(512) 838-3937  T/L 678-3937  cell: (512)-296-7830
dgrace@us.ibm.com

What is this some kind of demonstrative pronoun?