Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: window= attribute for ulink?

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 06:14:13PM -0500, Dennis Grace wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> Back in November Bob and Norm briefly discussed the addition of a window
> attribute to ULink to allow opening a new browser window from a link. Are
> we still waiting on XLink? Has anything been done with this? Can I just
> specify the window attribute in my customization layer?

This feature wasn't added to the 4.2 DTD or the stylesheets
as far as I know.

I wouldn't wait for Xlink, because it doesn't help much
in this area.  The xlink:show="new" attribute can specify a
new window, but it doesn't provide a place to *name*
the new window.  It assumes '_blank' it seems.

Ulink does have a 'type' attribute which might be used
in your customization layer for naming a new window.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com