Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: window= attribute for ulink?

At 16:21 26/04/2002 -0700, Carlos wrote:

>Isn't that the author's duty to make sure that the windows being opened are
>clearly marked?

Yes, both the link and the new window need such annotation.

>  Do you think there's a way to make it accessible enough?

As I suggested in my original email, that's the way we've done it before,
and tried it with eyes free users.

>  Has
>anyone conducted an accessibility review/audit of Docbook? Is it worth
>doing?

Norm I think (one of those jobs he does without announcing :-).
We ran a quick check against the XML accessibility guidelines and found nothing
significant.  I don't really know how to address this in terms of the
author recommendations.

I would question the need for a new window though.
Is it just a nicety?
Regards DaveP