Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Newbie troubles with Docbook/XML + XHTML

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 11:41:42PM +0200, Steffen Maier wrote:

> > Works a treat, thanks /very/ much. Now the only problem I have
> > left is the xmlns thing, and I suppose a low-tech sed solution
> > will do for that.
>
> What does "the xmlns thing" look like? Is it introducing a wrong namespace
> or even using unsensible xml-syntax like in the following postings?

No, the syntax is correct (I use xsltproc not saxon).

I get :

<hr xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"/>

etc. for most elements.

The XHTML validators don't accept xmlns as a valid attribute.

Any ideas ?

regards
john

p.s. is there any stylesheets that produce XHTML 1.0+ Strict rather than
Transitional ?

--
"ken kesey wrote 'one flew over the center of the cuckolded lizard man,
 who strayed from his mistakes when he is a madeup word.'"