Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: FOP complain on your fo:marker change

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 12:44:11PM +0200, Jens Stavnstrup wrote:
> Bob,
>
> Really unexpected result. I like to debug a properly formatted fo file. So
> when testing, I usually set
>
>   <xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>
>
> When removing this statement, the FOP fo:marker error-message dissapears.

Well, the spec does say the <fo:marker> must be the
first child of the block.  Since a block can accept text
in its content, the carriage return is treated as
a child text node, making the <fo:marker> the second child.
I guess this is one of the reasons the default indent="no"
is used in the stylesheets.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com