Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Double Side and FOP with 1.53

At 16:51 2002 08 12 +0200, Jens Stavnstrup wrote:
>Togan,
>
>Apprently both since Fop appently does not understand the attribute
>initial-page-number.  In 1.52.2 Norm used the attribute force-page-count
>which works under FOP.

I really don't know much about what FOP supports here, and Jens is
probably right in what he says, but if so, that seems like an odd
decision on the part of the FOP people.

Because initial-page-number is a basic conformance level property
and force-page-count is an extended conformance level property.

And you can almost always accomplish all you want using
initial-page-number (see the auto-odd and auto-even values)
in a more natural way that with the force-page-count.  (I
say more natural because what one is usually trying to do
is ensure a certain page-sequence starts on a certain parity
page, and using the previous page-sequence's page count to
do this is definitely a less natural way of doing this.)

So I support Norm's switch to using initial-page-count, and
I'd urged the FOP folks to support initial-page-count if they
don't already.

paul