Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Generating TDG for DTD

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 02:27:04PM +0200, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> Vitaly Ostanin wrote:
>
> > Could anyone please tell me, how created documentation (The
> > Definitive Guide) for DocBook DTD ?
>
> This knows probably just Norm :-)
>
> > I want to create documentation for some DTD, but not want
> > manually describe links between parent/child elements.
>
> There are tools usually named like DTDParse (I know Perl and Java one)
> which can take any DTD, parse it and expose it to you via some API. With
> this you can quite easily walk through DTD and inspect parent and child
> elements defined in content models.

There is also perlsgml.  The code's quite old, and there are useful
patches around, but it usually works fine, and gives a result similar
to TDG.

http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/perlSGML.html

patches:
http://www.utoronto.ca/webdocs/HTMLdocs/HTML_Spec/html.html
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/perlsgml/perlsgml_19970918-11.diff.gz

--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique