Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: (openjade + dsssl) changing <orderedlistnumeration="loweralpha"> rendering

Hi G,

Well, I'm never quite sure what I'm looking at with a dsssl, but it looks
to me like it's controlled in two separate style sheets: /html/dblists.dsl
and /print/dblists.dsl.

Search each for the string loweralpha and you'll find that the /html file
defines the numbering scheme for orderedlist like this:

       (start  (orderedlist-listitem-number firstitem))
       (rawnum (cond
              ((equal? numeration (normalize "arabic")) 0)
              ((equal? numeration (normalize "loweralpha")) 1)
              ((equal? numeration (normalize "lowerroman")) 2)
              ((equal? numeration (normalize "upperalpha")) 3)
              ((equal? numeration (normalize "upperroman")) 4)
              (else (modulo depth 5))))
       (type (case rawnum
             ((0) "1")
             ((1) "a")
             ((2) "i")
             ((3) "A")
             ((4) "I"))))

 whereas the /print/dblists.dsl defines the scheme thus:

 (define (number-with-numeration node numeration number)
   (let* ((depth (length (hierarchical-number-recursive (normalize
 "orderedlist") node)))
       (rawnum (cond
              ((equal? numeration (normalize "arabic")) 1)
              ((equal? numeration (normalize "loweralpha")) 2)
              ((equal? numeration (normalize "lowerroman")) 3)
              ((equal? numeration (normalize "upperalpha")) 4)
              ((equal? numeration (normalize "upperroman")) 0)
              (else (modulo depth 5))))
       (num (case rawnum
            ((1) (format-number number "1"))
            ((2) (format-number number "a"))
            ((3) (format-number number "i"))
            ((4) (format-number number "A"))
            ((0) (format-number number "I")))))
     (if (> depth 5)
      (string-append "(" num ")")
      num)))

 I suppose (okay, it's a wild guess), in each case, replacing the "a" with
"a)" should do what you want.

Dennis Grace

Information Developer
IBM Linux Technology Center
(512) 838-3937  T/L 678-3937  cell: (512)-296-7830
dgrace@us.ibm.com

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary
and those who don't.

                      Baráth Gábor
                      <dincsi@elender.h        To:       docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
                      u>                       cc:
                                               Subject:  DOCBOOK-APPS: (openjade + dsssl) changing <orderedlist numeration
                      08/29/2002 08:38          ="loweralpha">       rendering
                      AM

Hi,

is there anybody knows, how can i change the behavour of the
numbering of lists in case of "loweralpha". I need the following
style:
a) first list item
b) second list item

i examined the whole stylesheet package (dsssl 1.76b+) but i didn't
find anything except some funcion-call(?) format-number, but it's
definition seems not to exist anywhere.

Thanks for any hints:
G.