Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: need help with Passivetex errors

Hi,

I 've suse7.3 with passivetex and libxslt. versions:
- passivetex-2001.1.10-14
- docbook-xsl-1.54.1
- Using libxml 20424, libxslt 10020 and libexslt 711
- and a very simple docbook document which validates

I convert the xml document to .fo with
xsltproc --output build/small.fo fo/docbook.xsl small.xml
which creates a .fo file without giving any errors.

proceding with
pdftex --interaction nonstopmode "&pdfxmltex" build/small.fo

gives me an error which reads like below (just the last few lines of
the output) and i dont have any idea how to fix it. is it a fo
problem, tex problem, version problem??? I have already increased
memory limits because this was my first problem.

Any help is very appreciated.
janning

-------snip--------
Start page sequence, using layout , at page 1
Master : no first page, use odd page
 first page master is [\Odd: ]
 odd page master is [\Odd: ]
 even page master is [\Odd: ]
 blank page master is [\Odd: ]
! Missing \endcsname inserted.
<to be read again>
                   \Odd:
l.2 ...ntent><fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
                                                  <fo:block
xmlns:fo="http:/...

)
Runaway argument?
\csname\endcsname\Odd: :xsl-region-body\endcsname \csname
Atomic:\POdd \ETC.
! File ended while scanning use of \@Pass.
<inserted text>
                \par
<*> &pdfxmltex build/small.fo

! Emergency stop.
<*> &pdfxmltex build/small.fo

!  ==> Fatal error occurred, the output PDF file not finished!
Transcript written on small.log.

small.log tells me: