Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: Sorting and non-en_US indexes

I think you can rule out the version of Java as an issue. I'm getting it
to work with java 1.3.1.

I can get it to use Compare_ja in two ways:

java -Duser.language=ja ...

or

adding lang="ja" (or an attribute value template that gets the same
thing) to _all_ the xsl:sorts in autoidx.xsl. If you have lang set on
the xsl:sort, it appears to use that instead of the user.language
setting passed in from the command line.

Here's what I get in the verbosity:

[Loaded com.icl.saxon.sort.SortKeyDefinition]
[Loaded com.icl.saxon.sort.Comparer]
[Loaded com.icl.saxon.sort.TextComparer]
[Loaded com.icl.saxon.sort.StringComparer]
[Loaded com.icl.saxon.sort.Compare_en]
[Loaded com.icl.saxon.sort.DoubleComparer]
[Loaded com.icl.saxon.sort.Compare_ja]
[Loaded com.icl.saxon.sort.DescendingComparer]

...and it sorts a tricky pair of Japanese words correctly.

David