Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: XInclude doesn't validate with xmllint

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 02:28:27PM +0200, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
> Peter Ring <pri@magnus.dk> writes:
>
> > First I'd like to lobby for keeping your local copies of DTDs and
> > stylesheets as a mirror or cache of the canonical URLs.
>
> There is no such thing like a canonical URL.  Use a catalog and map
> PUBLIC identifiers to local resources.

  There is even for docBook stylesheets. I asked Norm in this list
before generalizing XML Catalog support in Gnome the answer was yes,
   http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current
   http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/$version

  You should really start accepting that URL can be used as identifiers
like any other string, sigh ...

Daniel