Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Creating A TOC automatically

I'm afraid I'm still a novice at Docbook and related technologies. I am
under the impression that using <toc> </toc> will automatically cause a toc
to be created.

I tried the following docbook xml file.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/css"
href="http://docs.boostmyscore.com/dtd/docbook.css";?>
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
"http://docs.boostmyscore.com/dtd/docbook/docbookx.dtd"; >
<book>
<bookinfo>
     <title>Docbook Test</title>
     <date>October 1, 2002</date>
</bookinfo>
<toc></toc>
<chapter id="chapter1">
	<title>Chapter 1</title>
	<para>
This is Chapter 1 of Docbook test.
	</para>
</chapter>
<chapter id="chapter2">
	<title>Chapter 2</title>
	<para>
This is Chapter 2 of Docbook test.
	</para>
</chapter>
</book>

I am using Xalan and chunk.xsl. No TOC is created in the html files that
are produced. Am I doing something wrong?

Vincent Hikida