Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: PassiveTeX troubles

Bob said:

I've gotten similar results in the headers and footers.
Since DocBook XSL 1.53 when the headers and footers were converted
to tables, PassiveTeX has had problems with them.
Sebastian posted one new version (1.19) that at least got the
tables working, but not completely.  Version 1.20
in some ways made things worse.  I wrote to him about the
problems, but haven't seen a fix yet.  At this point,
PT only works with older versions of the stylesheets.

<<<<<

Yeah, I've been in touch with him on some of the same issues. I hope I
haven't been too annoying. :)

I did manage to find one fix for the TOC problem in PassiveTeX 1.21. For
some reason, the upgrades to FOleaderlength in PassiveTeX 1.20/1.21 cause
the table of contents leader lines to truncate at FOleaderlengthoptimum,
which is currently set at 12pt. To eliminate this problem, at line 660 in
fotex.xmt, replace

\gdef\FOleaderlength{}

with

\gdef\FOleaderlength{\z@}

As for why replacing the global definition open argument with a starting
point of 0pt (which Sebastian tells me \z@ means), I have no idea. I was
just doing some blackbox troubleshooting with diff files.

But it works.

Dennis Grace

Information Developer
IBM Linux Technology Center
(512) 838-3937  T/L 678-3937  cell: (512)-296-7830
dgrace@us.ibm.com

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary
and those who don't.