Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: XInclude support in Saxon and Xalan

At 8:58 AM -0400 10/10/02, Jeff Beal wrote:
>I didn't know about this.  Does it try to do any sort of validation?

No, validation is separate from XInclude. You can validate if you
want to or not. You can validate before or after inclusion or both or
neither. It helps to think of your system as a chain of black boxes
applied in sequence where the individual boxes for validation,
inclusion, etc. can be swapped or reordered or duplicated rather than
as a single black box which does everything at once.