Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: conditionalization of XML

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI

Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com>:
> I don't know what Eric's complaint with the existing <![%cond;[..]]>
> mechanism is.  Eric?

Huh?  I thought that feature was SGML only!

I looked in my nutshell XML book.  It says, indeed, that conditional
sections are not allowed in the internal subset.  I think I see a sort
of painful sideways way to get this effect by conditional inclusion of
entities, but -- bletch!  Barf!  It's ugly, ugly, ugly.  And involves
modifying the document itself every time you want to change the
conditionalization, which is unacceptable.
--=20

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI--