Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Escaping quotes on generated HtmlHelp .hhc .hhk files

Jose Fonseca wrote:

> DevHelp specs files are XML files themselves, so the
> stylesheet I use for it
> is actually a trimmed down version of
> htmlhelp-common.xsl.

If the DevHelp uses XML based configuration files, you should
definitively use <xsl:output method="xml"/>. With this setting XSLT
processor will escape sensitive characters automatically for you.

In HTML Help I can't use HTML output method, because HTML Help Compiler
doesn't accept "well-formed" HTML. Sigh! That's the reason why HTML Help
stylesheet looks so ugly and uses text output method instead.

> My secondary question is if you are interested in fix
> this on the
> docbook-xsl distribution too.

It is fixed in CVS. You can grab latest version of htmlhelp-common.xsl
and enjoy it :-)

				Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz