Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: XEP for $80

> Documentation says "just EPS". No SVG. <grump/>

As it is explained in the announce, we are reworking our SVG support currently.
SVG support will be included in a future release of version 3.

> To us it is useless: English writers can pass without hyphenation, but
> Portuguese ones can't, and their hyphenation algorithm simply doesn't work.
> We would need to insert all hyphens as sot hyphens with an intermediary
> transformation on the FO file. With the FOP classes <grin/> Not worth...

Hyphenation works flawlessly for many languages, basically for all those for
which one can find a decent TeX table. Algorithm implemented in XEP is exactly
one taken from TeX, and XEP reads a good subset of syntax used in TeX hyphenation tables.

The phrase that 'their' algorithm does not work most probably means that you
didn't configure it. Hyphenation configuration is described in detail in the accompanying documentation. Portuguese hyphenation table is not included in the package due to licensing limitations, all you need is to grab one from the nearest
CTAN archive.

Even in the beginning of 21st age there are cases when reading documentation
is necessary.

Sincerely,
David Tolpin
RenderX