Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: breaking urls in PDF

I produce PDF from DocBook XML using openjade and pdftex.  I have been
struggling with the problem of long URLs creating over-long lines.  I have
been helped by the document "Correcting page make-up problems in SGML-based
documentation" by Pascal Lo Re (a translation of which is referred to in a
posting to this group).  This explains how to modify a DSSSL print stylesheet
to transform ulink elements into JadeTEX commands that can utilise the tex
url package.:

(element ulink
  (sosofo-append
       (process-children)
        (make formatting-instruction
             data: (string-append
              " (\\url{" (attribute-string (normalize "url")) "}) "))))

 What I eventually get in the PDF is the ulink contents followed by the url
attribute value in parentheses.  If this latter occurs towards the end of a
line it can be indeed broken (with no hyphen) - this is good as far as it
goes.

However what I would like to know is:

i) how can I apply linebreaking instuctions to ulink contents (in addition
to url attribute value)?

ii) how can I print out the breakable url attribute only if its value differs
from the value of the ulink element contents (i.e. I would like to emulate
the behaviour of  ulink within dblink.dsl)

Thanks,

Matthew

--
Matthew Hobbs  matthew@biolateral.com.au  +61 2 9036 3004