Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: RE: XML catalog resolution problems

To reiterate, I can get transformations to work with Saxon provided I
fulfil conditions 1-3 above (leaving DTDs out of the discussion for now).
If this is how it is supposed to work, I am happy. But I haven't found
any reference spelling out that this is the case.

With this catalog:

<catalog
  xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">

    <uri
      name="docbook.xsl"
      uri="file:///c:/doctypes/docbook/xsl/html/docbook.xsl"/>

</catalog>,

I get a fairly large dump, with these first lines:

Parse catalog: catalog.xml
Default BASE: file:/C:/XMLtest/catalogs/test/Saxon/catalog.xml
uri: docbook.xsl
	file:///c:/doctypes/docbook/xsl/html/docbook.xsl
URI: docbook.xsl
	file:/c:/doctypes/docbook/xsl/html/docbook.xsl
resolveURI(file:kprof.xml)
Resolved URI: file:kprof.xml
	file:kprof.xml
resolveURI(docbook.xsl)
Resolved URI: docbook.xsl
	file:/c:/doctypes/docbook/xsl/html/docbook.xsl
resolveURI(../VERSION)
Resolved URI: ../VERSION
	file:/c:/doctypes/docbook/xsl/VERSION

And the transformation works fine.

> Are you using "real" saxon or "instant" saxon?

"Real" Saxon.

/Mauritz